Nightsea Stereo Microscope Fluorescence Adapter adapts just about any dissection microscope for fluorescence with no modification to the microscope itself at minimal start-up cost compared with a research-grade fluorescence dissection microscope. The design of the Fluorescence Adapter is modular and allows the switch between different excitation/ emission combinations to work with a variety of fluorescent proteins and fluorophores.
- Quick screening of fluorescent genotypes- Drosophila, zebrafish, C.elegans…
- Genotype sorting
- Fluorescence-aided dissection, injection, or micromanipulation
- Freeing up your research-grade fluorescence microscopes for more demanding work
- New faculty start-up budgets
- Bringing fluorescence into the teaching laboratory
The Nightsea Stereo Microscope Fluorescence Adapter system consists of:
- Flexible gooseneck lamp base with power supply
- Light head
- Ring adapter (fits up to 67mm to work with the majority of dissection microscopes)
- Barrier filter
- Filter shield
The light head, barrier filter, and filter shield are interchangeable so that you can easily switch between excitation/ emission light & filter combinations in seconds. Additional combinations can be added by purchasing a kit consists of a light head, barrier filter, and filter shield. Coloring coding ensures the right combination of the light head and barrier filter. The barrier filter clicks on to the ring adapter magnetically, so it is easy to remove it to switch back to white light viewing (Brightfield).